Vallejo Symphony- Zhengyi Bai- Meredith Brown
Ives Symphony No. 3 (Winner Pulitzer Prize 1947) Britten Serenade for Tenor, Horn and Strings, Op. 31 (1943) Zhengyi Bai, tenor Meredith Brown, horn Dvořák Symphony No. 9 Our closing concert features the most famous symphony ever written— Dvořák’s Symphony No. 9, “From the New World,” composed in the U.S. and inspired by African-American folk traditions. American maverick Charles Ives wrote his Symphony No. 3 just 15 years later, but it was not premiered until 1947, when it won the Pulitzer Prize for Music. Last, it is a great pleasure to welcome one of our orchestra’s own, Principal Horn Meredith Brown, to join Adler Fellow Zhengyi Bai in one of the great song cycles of the 20th century: Benjamin Britten’s Serenade for Tenor, Horn and Strings.
330 Virginia St.
Vallejo, CA 94590
More Event Ideas
- More Music Events
- Saturday, Feb 29, 8:00 PM
- Friday, Mar 20, 7:00 PM
- Sunday, Mar 1, 3:00 PM
- More Events at Empress Theatre
- Wednesday, Mar 4, 7:30 PM
- More Events on April 19, 2020
- Sunday, Apr 19, 2:00 PM
- Sunday, Apr 19, 6:30 AM
- Oakland Athletics vs. Seattle Mariners at RingCentral Coliseum (Formerly Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum)Sunday, Apr 19, 1:07 PM