Democracy, Disrupted: How Data Killed Facts
Tickets (free) will be required for this event. Ticket information will be available at the beginning of Spring quarter.
Our May 2020 Wesson Lecture will be given by Jill Lepore. Lepore is the David Woods Kemper ’41 Professor of American History at Harvard University. She is also a staff writer at The New Yorker. Her 2018 book, These Truths: A History of the United States, is an international bestseller and was named one of Time magazine's top ten non-fiction books of the decade. She followed that book with This America: The Case for the Nation (2019) and her latest book, IF THEN: How the Simulmatics Corporation Invented the Future, will be published in 2020.
Lepore is the recipient of many honors, awards, and honorary degrees, and has been a finalist for the National Book Award; the National Magazine Award; and, twice, for the Pulitzer Prize.
Stanford, CA 94305
More Event Ideas
- More Politics and Government Events
- Tuesday, Apr 7, 12:00 PM
- Friday, Apr 24, 10:00 AM
- Saturday, Jul 11, 4:30 PM
- More Events at Stanford University
- HIP WEBINAR: Life on Purpose – How Living for What Matters Most Changes Everything at Stanford UniversityWednesday, Apr 8, 12:00 PM
- HIP WEBINAR: Improve Your Experience of Working from Home Using the Gokhale Method at Stanford UniversityMonday, Apr 13, 12:00 PM
- 2020 David M. Kennedy Lecture on the United States and the World Presents - How to Hide an Empire at Stanford UniversityWednesday, Apr 15, 4:30 PM
- More Events on May 28, 2020
- Thursday, May 28, 8:30 PM
- Thursday, May 28, 7:00 PM
- DevOps Certification Training Course in Sunnyvale, CA at Capitol Heights Planning & Economic Development CommitteeThursday, May 28, 5:00 PM