Bishop O'Dowd High School Jazz Bands End of the Year Blowout
Hot jazz from dozens of fine young players in both big and small bands fills the Ashkenaz stage as the Award Winning Bishop O’Dowd High School Jazz Band throws its annual “end-of-the-year blowout and fundraiser.” The band program at the East Oakland school has been around for years, but in the past few years under the direction of busy musician Fred Randolph (a gigging and recording jazz bassist in the Bay Area in a number of bands as well as leading his own quintet), the program has grown rapidly. There are now nearly 60 students in the jazz band program, and tonight’s show presents three groups: the beginning and advanced bands (both big bands) and a smaller jazz combo. They offer a delightful mix of jazz, the blues to swing, funk, and beyond and including original works by the students. For more info go to: https://www.bishopodowd.org/performance/#band
1317 San Pablo Ave.
Berkeley, CA 94702
More Event Ideas
- More Fundraisers and Galas Events
- Friday, Jul 26, 5:00 PM
- Circadian String Quartet Presents: Super Bloom—A Third Annual Fundraiser at The Home of Ursula Gritsch and Richard BorcherdsSaturday, May 25, 3:00 PM
- Saturday, Jun 1, 2:00 PM
- More Events at Ashkenaz Music and Dance Community Center
- Friday, May 24, 8:00 PM
- Tom Rigney & Flambeau plus Dance Lesson with Ted Sherrod at Ashkenaz Music and Dance Community CenterTuesday, May 28, 8:00 PM
- Thursday, May 30, 8:00 PM
- More Events on May 19, 2019
- Sunday, May 19, 1:00 PM
- Sunday, May 19, 12:00 PM
- Sunday, May 19, 7:30 PM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.