stival Napa Valley Presents: The Red Violin Live with Orchestra
Arguably the world's most famous violinist, Joshua Bell returns to Festival Napa Valley to perform the beautiful music he recorded for the Academy Award-winning 1998 film, The Red Violin. Audiences will enjoy a truly immersive experience: watching the gripping film on screen while, for the first time, Bell performs composer John Coriglianos lush,Oscar-winning score in its entirety with orchestra.
The Red Violin follows a mysterious antique violin as it travels through four centuries, impacting all who come in contact with it from its creation by a legendary violinmaker in 1681 Cremona, Italy to a present-day auction house, where it draws the eye of an expert appraiser (played by Samuel L. Jackson). Festival Orchestra NAPA performs with Bell underthe baton of esteemed conductor Michael Stern. Making tonights concert particularly special is the appearance of the films director, Canadian filmmaker Franois Girard, and Corigliano, who celebrates his 80th birthday this year.
100 California Dr
Yountville, CA 94599
More Event Ideas
- More Fairs and Festivals Events
- Saturday, Jul 21, 11:00 AM
- Festival Napa Valley Presents: Bernstein Centennial: Selections from West Side Story featuring Michael Fabiano & Larisa at Napa Valley Performing Arts Center at Lincoln TheaterSaturday, Jul 28, 6:00 PM
- Sunday, Jul 29, 3:00 PM
- More Events on July 26, 2018
- Thursday, Jul 26, 11:00 AM
- Young Chef: Asian Cuisine—Culinary One-day Camp for 10+ at The CIA at Copia (The Culinary Institute of America)Thursday, Jul 26, 9:00 AM
- Thursday, Jul 26, 8:00 PM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.