Hometown Holidays Redwood City
Get in the holiday spirit and join the festivities as Redwood City’s Downtown Business Group throws Hometown Holidays, a party to celebrate the holiday season, rain or shine! Guests can enjoy a parade, live entertainment, carnival rides, snow, Santa Claus photos and more. Plus, new this year, there will also be a Children's Play area, featuring inflatable jump houses by Kidzz Star Jumpers, located from Jefferson to Broadway on Main Street. This free family-friendly event takes place December 1st starting at 10 a.m. on Courthouse Square.
- Crafts Fair & Children's Carnival from 10am to 8pm
- Parade at 4:30pm
- Tree Lighting 5:45pm
- Holiday Train Arrives 6:10pm
- Live Holiday Music 6:00-8:00pm
This free family celebration features:
- Traditional children’s holiday parade
- Free admission to the San Mateo County History Museum
- An incredible, kid-pleasing snow play area
- Live entertainment
- Santa Claus Photos in the History Museum
- Carnival Rides*
- Food and Craft Vendors*
- Annual City Hall Tree Lighting on the corner of Hamilton and Broadway
- Caltrain’s Holiday Train toy collection train, arrives at Redwood City’s Sequoia Station train platform at approximately 6:10pm. Glowing with thousands of lights and holiday decorations, the Holiday Train makes 20-minute station stops, where Santa, Mrs. Claus, Frosty and the gang get off the train to greet children and spread holiday cheer. Bring the family to join in the fun, along with a new, unwrapped toy to donate to the Holiday Train Toy Drive.
Details can be found at https://www.hometownholidays.org, or call the Hometown Holidays Hotline at 650-455-5144 or e-mail email@example.com. It’s all happening on Saturday December 1st, rain or shine!
Volunteers and vendors are welcome to help make Hometown Holidays a success. Volunteering for a few hours can help to bring holiday joy to the families of Redwood City. Call 650-455-5144 to volunteer to be a part of the festivities! For sponsorship, vending or food applications, or to take part in the parade, go to: http://www.hometownholidays.org/HTH/forms.html
*There is a charge for rides and food vendors
Hometown Holidays is presented by the Redwood City Downtown Business Group and is proudly supported by the following sponsors: City of Redwood City, Acclaim Companies/Walnut Street Properties, Kastrop Group, San Mateo Credit Union, Provident Credit Union, Greystar, Casa Círculo Cultural, County Consumer Plumbing, J. Paul Corporation,, and Peter & Paula Uccelli Foundation
Redwood City, CA 94063