CONCERT BAND and SOLDIERS’ CHORUS of The U.S. Army Field Band
The Concert Band & Soldiers’ Chorus are the oldest and largest of The U.S. Army Field Band’s performing components. Founded in 1946 and 1957 respectively, these two ensembles combine to present joint concerts on their national tours. They have performed in all 50 states and 30 foreign countries for audiences totaling hundreds of millions.
The 60-member Concert Band and 29-member Soldiers’ Chorus perform regularly in some of the most famous concert halls in the world, and just as often in the humblest auditoriums in the smallest of communities. The joining of these two ensembles allows them to offer unparalleled versatility of programming, ranging from orchestral masterworks and operatic arias to Sousa marches, jazz classics, and Broadway musicals. The band and chorus also perform independently, and have recently shared the stage with such ensembles as the Boston Pops, the Cincinnati Pops, the Detroit Symphony Orchestra, and the National Symphony Orchestra.
In addition to their national tours, formal concerts, chamber recitals, and educational outreach, members of the Concert Band & Soldiers’ Chorus frequently represent the Army at formal and ceremonial functions, including the Presidential Inaugural Parade, presidential funerals, the Army All-American Bowl, and diplomatic efforts overseas.
Tickets: FREE with reservation
Cost: FREE with reservation Link: http://lincolntheater.com/vbo/?page=selectevent&eid=27684&edid=0
100 California Dr
Yountville, CA 94599
More Event Ideas
- More Theater Events
- Saturday, Nov 17, 2:30 PM
- Valley Players Present: Farce of Habit by Jessie Jones, Nicholas Hope, Jamie Wooten at Napa Valley Performing Arts Center at Lincoln TheaterFriday, Feb 15, 7:00 PM
- Sunday, Dec 16, 2:00 PM
- More Events at Napa Valley Performing Arts Center at Lincoln Theater
- Wednesday, Oct 24, 7:00 PM
- 8th Annual Napa Valley Jazz Getaway - June 5-8, 2019 at Napa Valley Performing Arts Center at Lincoln TheaterThursday, Jun 6, 6:00 PM
- More Events on October 26, 2018
- Friday, Oct 26, 10:00 PM
- CIA Skills: The Power of Sauces (Hands-on Class) at The CIA at Copia (The Culinary Institute of America)Friday, Oct 26, 11:00 AM
- Friday, Oct 26, 8:00 PM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.